The 2015 Annual Quality and Resource Use Reports (QRURs) and PQRS Feedback Reports are available now from Medicare. They were released on September 26, 2016. The PQRS Payment Adjustment “penalty letters” for 2017 have also been distributed.
Will your practice receive a negative payment adjustment in 2017 under PQRS or the Value Modifier?
Look to your QRUR and Feedback Reports to find out. QRUR are confidential feedback reports that are available for all groups and solo practitioners nationwide that billed for Medicare-covered services under a single Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) from January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015. The report details how practitioners performed in 2015 on quality and cost under the Value Modifier as well any 2017 Value Modifier payment adjustment. The PQRS Feedback Report show the 2015 PQRS reporting results, including any payment adjustment for 2017.
Access your 2015 PQRS Feedback Report and 2015 Annual QRUR now to understand:
- How you performed on cost and quality
- If you will be subject to a negative payment adjustment under PQRS
- If you will be subject to a payment adjustment under Value Modifier
Are you concerned about the results or about what your reports show? Don’t assume they are correct—you have the option to submit an informal review request to Medicare. Contact us today for assistance in reviewing your results and determining if the informal review process is right for you.
If you feel a penalty was applied in error, you have the opportunity to submit an informal review request to CMS. The informal review process is open for 60 days from the release of the reports (September 26) and closes on November 30, 2016, 2016 at 11:59 Eastern Time. Remember, the review process is administered separately for each Medicare program (PQRS, Value Modifier, MU, etc). We can assist you in reviewing your results and with submitting your informal review—contact us today.
Here are the instructions from Medicare on how to access the reports:
- EIDM Account. An Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) account with the appropriate role is required for participants to obtain 2015 PQRS Feedback Reports and 2015 Annual QRURs.
- If you already have an EIDM account, then follow the instructions provided here to sign up for the appropriate role in EIDM.
- To find out if there is already someone who can access your PQRS Feedback Report and QRUR, contact the QualityNet Help Desk.
- To sign up for an EIDM account, visit the CMS Enterprise Portal and click “New User Registration” under “Login to CMS Secure Portal.” Instructions for signing up for an EIDM account are provided here.
- Both reports can be accessed on the CMS Enterprise Portal using the same EIDM account.
Mingle Health is your quality reporting partner. Contact us today to review how we can help you avoid penalties and succeed with Medicare pay-for-performance programs.
Dr. Dan Mingle and members of the team share their insights on how to maximize your success and payments for MIPS and APMs.